We’ve gotten a little love from the Brevity blog. And they have issued this timely reminder to get your proposals in for The Hands On Literary Festival this December! Join us in New Orleans for three days of writing, reading, and masked ball dancing!
Burlesque Press has announced its second annual Literary Festival with Keynote Speakers Joy Castro and Lee Gutkind. The Conference will be held December 28, 2014 to December 31, 2014 at the Maison St Charles, in New Orleans. Yes kids, you heard us right! Visit New Orleans for New Year’s Eve, and call it professional development.
This year’s festival theme is Silver & Gold: Wealth and Economics in Creative Writing and Literature. The Masquerade Ball will also have a silver and gold theme. Presentations are, however, invited on any aspect of creative writing and contemporary literature.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Economics in Literature
- The role of wealth in fairy tales
- The use of “rags to riches” plot devices
- Creative Writing Pedagogical Issues
- Creative Writing in the Composition Classroom
- Analyses of Contemporary Literature
- Contemporary Author Spotlights
- Southern Literature Past, Present, and Future
- YA, Fantasy…
View original post 136 more words