Burlesque friend Eva Langston has some ideas for inspiration for you. And who couldn’t use more inspiration?
EVA’S 8 TIPS for Finding the Inspiration to Write:
1. Don’t worry about getting published; just write for fun
2. Read anything and everything to get ideas and get inspired – blogs, literary magazines, nonfiction, fiction, old diaries, etc.
3. Surround yourself with other writers who will challenge you and support you. Join a writing group (in person or online), go to conferences, exchange your work with friends, etc.
4. Learn about subjects that interest you
5. Take walks, ride your bike, talk to people, go places, do things
6. Enter contests, especially those with particular themes and guidelines that force you to try something you wouldn’t normally do
7. Try new things in your writing. Try different styles. Imitate authors you admire.
8. Give yourself regular writing assignments. You can find plenty of prompts and exercises online, or consider submitting to literary journals that…
View original post 22 more words